Monday, February 20, 2012

February Blog

My class had a great time completing our Skype project with a classroom in Bladen County.  The best part for me was watching the student's faces as the "call" started.  They were so intrigued that we could see a class that was miles away.  They really enjoyed hearing the questions we researched to find answers to and being prepared to answer them as they were asked.  I think their favorite part was having the opportunity to ask their own questions about Bladen County.  I thought they would ask questions like what is you favorite band and what do you wear to school, but they asked really thoughtful questions.  Some of them were about their school and some were about what they like to do outside of school.  I think they really enjoyed hearing how alike they were to other student's that lived in a different place.  Over all I think this project was a big success!  My class ask me everyday when we can do it again and if we can talk to people in China.  I am currently looking for a way to make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment